Victory For Troubled Youth
|purpose||mission statement||ministry map||home page||mission board|
VICTORY FOR TROUBLED YOUTH
Greetings to all our supporters, friends, and family…we are still looking, and hoping, for the great and glorious appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, the coming KING of Kings and Lord of LORDS. But, while we wait for his coming, we hope to occupy until he comes.
1. My wife and I spent some time at home in Alabama and we are cleared to travel again. My heart seems to be strong enough, and they have found no more melanoma cancers on me. Please continue to pray for health for both us, but especially for my wife…apparently there is no cure for asthma, and we don’t even know what triggers it at times. She is my help meet, and I appreciate your prayers for her.
2. Many of you have been praying for our son David. We do covet those prayers also. Most of you know, but his aorta was found greatly enlarged at the top about 4 months ago. An enlarged aorta is very dangerous. He lives in Apopka, FL and went to the Cleveland Clinic down near Miami about 3 months ago. They scheduled him back in 3 months and so he went again to see them on January 23. By the grace of God they found his aorta has NOT grown any, and have scheduled to see him again in 6 months. Please pray that the Great Physician shrinks his aorta and strengthens the walls of his aorta, if it be the Lord’s will.
3. Also, continue to pray for our younger brother Roger. He was diagnosed (about 3 months ago) with stage 3 throat cancer. He has undergone chemo and radiation treatment, and won’t know for a couple of months if they got all the cancer. Right now, drainage is keeping him awake, won’t let him eat, and causing him much discomfort. Pray for him also.
4. Pray for us. We are traveling up to NY State. While traveling we are stopping at some of our supporting churches (and some that don’t support us). We were at Colonial Heights Baptist Church in Colonial Heights, VA. Back in 2006 we helped them get a ministry in the Evaluation Center in Midlothian, VA. They have kept that work going. Friday night Feb 3 we went with them to one of the pods, and NONE of the boys in it came to the service! Sad. But we went with them also on Monday Feb 6 and 4 of the boys came to the service. And the Lord did work! All four of them said they got saved! Pray for them as they continue this, and other, ministries. Particularly pray for the girls in this juvenile center. They are under a different administrator and are making it tough for the ladies of the church who want to minister to these girls. Currently, they are not being allowed in. Pray that the Lord opens this door.
5. Fredonia, NY will be our first stop in NY. There is a place called the Lakeview Shock Treatment Center. I have application to get in that place. Pray that the folks at Victory Baptist Church there, Pastor Burke, will be able to get this ministry started. Pray that we will be able to hold at least one service there.
6. Finally, pray that the trailer and the truck keep running well as we go. Pray for traveling mercies. Pray for open doors in NY, NJ, DE, and VT.
Thank you for your support and prayers. Ralph and Sandy Stokes.
Our contact info remains: email: email@example.com Phone: 704 798 9906
Sandy: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 334 531 1440
Sending church: Victory Baptist Church, Millbrook, AL Pastor Steve Sanders
Support address: Victory for Troubled Youth
PO Box 1090
Millbrook, AL 36054