Victory For Troubled Youth
|purpose||mission statement||ministry map||home page||mission board|
VICTORY FOR TROUBLED YOUTH
Greetings to all our family, friends and supporters…Jesus Christ is still the coming KING of Kings and LORD of Lords, and I’m so glad he is. Even so, come Lord Jesus.
The question I’m offering in this prayer letter is just how precious is ONE soul to our LORD Jesus Christ?
1. [Mat 16:26] For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? According to this verse, the WHOLE world is less valuable than ONE soul. Now, that is saying a lot! The USA is trillions of dollars in debt, but ONE soul won to the Lord would more than pay off that debt!
2. [Luke 15:10] Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth. This truth is beyond comparison. In the presence of the angels of God rejoicing over ONE sinner that repents! No, the angels don’t rejoice. They desire to look into this, but they know not what it means for a sinner to get saved. The joy is in their presence, not in them. But, oh, the joy in heaven when just ONE sinner comes home!
3. [Luke 15:4] What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? [Luke 15:5] And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. [Luke 15:6] And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.[Luke 15:7] I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. What a blessing! I was once one of those lost sheep, but he FOUND me! And, he not only found me, he saw fit to put me into the ministry. I will never be able to thank him enough. While the ages roll, this saved sinner will shout praise to his holy name! Saved, saved, saved!!!!!!
4. Pray for the works that go on at my home church in Alabama. I was allowed to preach two Monday nights at the Autauga HIT program and between 20 and 30 boys said they got saved. Pray also for other works going on there…Tuesday and Thursday nights at Mt. Meigs. A pretty large juvenile center in Montgomery, AL. On Sunday mornings my church goes to another one in Montgomery on Airbase Blvd. This is a Montgomery city juvenile center. Pray for these works. Also, our church has a ministry in the Elmore County Jail. I got to preach there several times while home and had 9 men say they got saved.
5. Now we’re back in Texas. This past Sunday I went to a juvenile center in Corsicana, TX. ALL the regular volunteers there are Church of Christ. You know what they tell them. Well, Sunday, 6 boys said they got saved! They found out no church, no water, nothing except Jesus Christ can save sinners.
6. This Sunday, the 24th…I get to preach in a juvenile center in Lufkin, TX. We’re supposed to be in there at 1PM. Pray the Lord tenders the hearts of the boys, and that we can find a church there interested in doing that work. There were only 5 youth there, and 2 of them said they got saved. We’re hoping Heritage Baptist Church there, Pastor Jim Housley, will be able to take the work.
7. On Sunday August 7, we have an opportunity to preach in the Giddings State School in Giddings, TX. Back in June, the TYC closed 3 state facilities. That increased the population at the others. This one in Giddings has so many boys that I will do two services that Sunday…one at 9AM, then again at 2PM. Pray that many of the boys will see their need for salvation in Jesus Christ. Also, pray for a church there to take that work. Turns out I won’t be preaching there. The chaplain emailed me and told me due to the influx of over 100 boys they have not been able to get the campus back under decent control. She asked if I would be able to preach later. Hopefully, before we have to head back to Alabama I will be able to do it.
8. Finally, keep praying for different RV for us. We are going to be heading north next year, in January, and this one just won’t make it. It’s got holes where tires have exploded. The onboard heater doesn’t work. We figure we can get another 5th wheel that is designed for full time living for between $20,000.00 and $30.000.00. We have established an RV Fund at our church. Please pray that we can get something before January of 2012.
9. Another finally…it cost us about $400.00 in fuel to get here. Was it worth it? So far, 8 souls saved. I say, yes.
Our contact info remains the same: email…email@example.com. Our phone: 704 798 9906.
Our support address: VFTY, PO Box 1090, Millbrook, AL 36054
Our pastor is Steve Sanders, sending church, Victory Baptist Church. Phone there: 334 285 5082
VFTY Bible Fund $317.10 VFTY RV Fund: Still stands at zero dollars. Pray that the Lord tenders hearts to help us get a different 5th wheel.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PRAYERS. RALPH AND SANDY STOKES