Victory For Troubled Youth
|purpose||mission statement||ministry map||home page||mission board|
VICTORY FOR TROUBLED YOUTH
Greetings friends, family and supporters: thank you all for your support and prayers. Without Godís people doing what they can, this ministry could not go on. The Lord Jesus Christ is coming soon, so we must be busy in the Masterís work. The fields are still white unto harvest, and sadly, the laborers are still few. Our own country is going to hell.
1. While home in Alabama we get to go to juvenile on Monday, Tuesday and Sunday morning. Plus we get to go to the Elmore County Jail on Thursday nights. And, I love it. Weíve seen 40-50 boys profess faith in Jesus Christ and 10- 12 men since weíve been home. Please pray for my home church, Victory Baptist Church, Millbrook, AL as they continue these ministries. Particularly pray for the work on Tuesday nights. Laborers are needed on that night.
2. I am reminded why we should reach the youth while we can. In the jail on Thursday nights, we find men that are receptive to the gospel, but we also find men that are steeped in religion. With the juveniles itís very rare to find any of them that have any kind of religious training. Not having such, they are much tenderer to the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
3. Please continue to pray for my brother, Roger Stokes. Some time ago he was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer in this throat. He has been back for several checkups, and the cancer has not spread. He is to have an operation November 23. The Great Physician can heal him. Iím praying that when they go in they will find nothing. However, if the Lord wills otherwise, pray the doctors can find the cancer and remove it.
4. Please continue to pray for our son, David Stokes. He has the aortic aneurism. He goes back in January to the Cleveland Clinic near Miami for another checkup. As it is now, if the aorta ruptures, he is dead. They will be checking to see if the aorta has enlarged any more. Pray that the doctors will know what to do.
5. Finally, please continue to pray for Sandy. Her asthma seems under control most of the time, but then something will trigger it, and she has trouble breathing.
6. The Lord helped to get a newer rv. We have 2007 Glendale Titanium. Itís supposed to be built for the four seasons. We will be testing it from January onward. We ask you, as you can, to help us pay for it. We are asking the Lord to help us pay it off within 3 years. If you can help with this, we have the VFTY RV FUND at our church. Funds can be sent there, designated, at our regular support address.
Support address: VFTY, PO Box 1090, Millbrook, AL 36054. Sending church, Victory Baptist Church, Millbrook, AL.
Contact info: Church, 334 285 5082. Ralph 704 798 9906 email@example.com
Sandy, 334 531 1440 firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PRAYERS.